The past two weeks have been a whirlwind of traveling. First was a trip to LA to go "shopping" for fall and holiday clothing for Over the Moon and oh, we found some cute things! Next it was a trip to Denver for fall clothing that was so cold, it made our 34 degree weather here feel balmy. And finally, a long weekend trip to Las Vegas with 11 of my childhood friends to see Donny Osmond and Chicago (the musical group - NOT the musical!) We seriously had more fun than we imagined possible.
With all three trips, there was a common travel bag everyone loved - the reliable backpack. We recently received a new order for spring, in both the mini and regular size. It's hard to beat Fjallraven for durability, comfort, and a classic design that will never go out of style. If you think these backpacks are just for the student in your life, think again! They actually make excellent travel bags that fit nicely in a plane's overhead compartment as well as under the seat. Here are five reasons you should consider the Fjallraven backpack for your perfect travel bag.
1. It's a design classic. The minimalistic design will never go out of style. It has a simple, rectangular design with a small front zip pocket, perfect for your phone and ID, and two side pockets. The no-nonsense shoulder straps and carry handle are just enough, without being fussy and complicated. Every pack includes a PE foam seat cushion stored in the interior back pocket which prevents the backpack contents from poking your back. The circular logo on the front is reflective and there's an address label inside the main compartment.
It was never designed to look "cool," it was designed for a functional reason - to improve the posture of children in Sweden. Looking cool was almost by accident! Now, over 40 years later, it's improving posture all over the world, and is instantly recognizable.
2. It gets better with age. Just like a great pair of boots or favorite denim jeans, the more it's used, the better it looks. A bit of wear and tear makes the patina look better than it did when new.
3. It will last forever. Seriously, it has the strength and durability to last for decades. This is the bag you can pass down to your kids and grandkids! The patented Vinylon F fabric is hard-wearing, dirt-resistant, and comes with a water-resistant coating.
4. The color choices are plentiful. You can choose a color to match your personality or match your wardrobe. It might be black, brick, graphite, bright blue or navy blue. Whatever your taste, there's a color for you.
5. It will never go out of style. It's been going strong since the 70's and there are no signs it's popularity is slowing down. It is classified as "stylish" more than "fashionable." It will be your friend next month, next year, and even into the next decade!
If you're looking for a great travel bag or even a back-and-forth to work bag, check out our stock of Fjallraven bags and packs.